keeping up with what i'm up to, but sporadically and with less grammar than before

24.4.08

The Day Today

Apologies for the boring Leeds update the other day, to be honest it was just a bit of space filler, I’m trying to keep this thing regular, but I’m finding it increasingly difficult to write about subjects other than the usual “what I did today” self obsessive stuff. But I don’t think I’ve done one of those for a while so here goes.

Things are actually looking up for me at the moment, I foresee a rosy future. My flat has been on the market for about a week now, and there has been a bit of interest already. I just want it over and done with to be honest, there’s not too much joy in waiting and organising and convincing the tenants to let people trudge through their (my) house- it will be such a weight off my shoulders once everything is sealed. Which of course, is a hell of a long way off just yet, but positive steps being made in that direction.

Also Ally, Beehead and I have found a flat and we are moving in on 17th May. It’s a cracking little number, on the other side of town from where we are now, probably about the same distance from the town centre, a little closer if anything. The only real issue that’s come up so far is the fact that to get to one of the bedrooms, you have to walk through another of the rooms; it’s an attic room and the stairs are located in the 2nd bedroom below. We drew lots last night to work out who would have which room, and – as predicted – I got the thoroughfare room. Fucking usual. I could have told you that I’d end up with it, I even almost said let’s not bother drawing lots, I’ll get the shit room anyway, it’s a given.

To be fair it’s not that shit – quite big, built in wardrobes, etc etc, but Ally’s going to have to get used to waking through my bedroom and seeing me sleeping every morning. I’ll never sleep soundly again. Also a bit awkward as I have recently become attached. I don’t want to go on about it too much because I think it’s not too classy to bang on about things, but needless to say I’m very happy and it wasn’t expected at all. Good stuff.

So any other news? Not really, everything has been concentrated on two areas in the last couple of weeks – it’s all been matters of the home and the heart.

And that’s good.

X

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you've found somewhere! Shame about the room situation - I suppose you'll have to try it out for a while to see if it gets normal or uncomfortable.

Let's hope the flat goes soon too - for the sake of you and the tenants! We're on the tenant end at the mo and it's a right pain having strangers snooping around. I've been leavings pants and jazz mags everywhere.