keeping up with what i'm up to, but sporadically and with less grammar than before

30.9.08

Been fiddling round with my facebook today, discovered you can have the shit in pirate English, it’s crazy, funny. Worth a poke I reckon ,just for a little bit. Anyway, playing tonight, been wracking my brain for a set list and I’ve got it down I think, with a few safe ones in reserve in case my mojo deserts me. There’s something about ryan adams’ lyrics that get me, they hit me right in the chest – not necessarily perfect, not really particularly truthful, but just wonderfully abstract. I’m going to play one of his tonight, probably blue hotel (something about her that’s cold, blowing through the trees, leaving me raw - the words come out and I get confused, i get shattered like a light bulb in an october gloom). Need to get that kinda shit ut of me sometimes, a bit more, you know? Going to miss the camaraderie on stage tonight, miss si’s locks and the groove of geoff or sim, but geoff might come tonight if he feels up to. Geoff and jenny and paul and bev in the audience. Sweet dreams are made of this.

1 comment:

Woggzeh said...

Good luck dude, hope it all goes well, just don't think of all those people staring at you, baying for blood, waiting for you to fuck up and laugh at you, and you'll be fine.