keeping up with what i'm up to, but sporadically and with less grammar than before

29.9.08

In the absence of my little bro on Tuesday night (he’s working – god damn went and got a job at last – didn’t think it would impact the cheap days, but the world keeps turning), been asked to play solo at the cellar bar at south hill park in bracknell. Played solo a couple of weeks ago in reading, first time in about two years, I needed a day’s worth of drinking to bury the nerves, tomorrow night I’m not gonna have that luxury. Working all day, thinking things through – part of me doesn’t understand why I do these things, things would be easier if I didn’t bother – but then what would that make me? Not a singer anyway. Let’s do it. I’m trying to come up with some new ideas for the set, mixing it up a bit – I don’t want it to be a cheap day returns set – although saying that i can’t drop one up or Jennifer – I need to keep some sort of semblance of competence. But I don’t know what I can get away with – toying with up your legs forever but I don’t think it would stand up to today’s rigours – maybe it would? And no-one there would appreciate it – only the gate lot would get down with it totally – others would think it was just a bit of a crap dirty jam, but maybe it’s not, I don’t know. Been saying that a lot – I don’t know – maybe I do know, but just don’t want to commit to it. Where do you take that anyway? I don’t know. Ha. So thinking maybe cover versions too – interesting ones, but I need to know them already – beatles? pavement? God knows. I don’t know. There it is again

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crap dirty jam? Crap dirty GEM more like.

Woggzeh said...

Tonight, Nowhere to run, Heartbreaker, there are loads you can do, I'd be tempted to do Uncle Pat or D'yer wanna be a spaceman.
And I'd run with up your legs too, if those soft southern furries can't handle it then then tell the lot of 'em to FOOK OFF.