keeping up with what i'm up to, but sporadically and with less grammar than before

24.9.08

Gigging tonight, first time for over a month with the full band – playing bar four which is a nice enough venue, nice and safe, played there a good few times before and have a decent rapport with Dai the sound guy – which is the coolest fuckin name I’ve ever heard this side of David Davies (Nathan’s dad- shout to ya you red pilot machine – keep them wings soaring). Second gig ever with Sim on the drums. It’s weird playing without Geoff, turning round at the end of Feeling Sore or One Up and not seeing him there is gonna take a bit of getting used to…but Sim’s a more than able sub – he slips in those double bass pedal rhythms like a metal demon. Metal playing indie jams, like you know. Works. My guitar’s still covered in blood from the last gig; sounds like I’ve been ripping it up like GG Allen? Nah, no such luck, just snapped a plectrum at the Oakford last month and my finger took the full brunt of my wayward strumming…gotta get that thing cleaned up before showtime, or maybe not? Maybe not. Free beer for the performers too, at BlindPig gigs – Jack knows how to treat us better than most. Gonna need them.

1 comment:

Woggzeh said...

Free beer sounds good, I might have to come down and do a set myself :o)