keeping up with what i'm up to, but sporadically and with less grammar than before

25.9.08

Good show last night, found myself jumping in the air more times than I have done in the last few shows, something in the air – something made it feel easy to do. Sometimes it just happens that you find yourself being watched, but you don’t feel like that nervous little skinny schoolboy in assembly anymore, you feel like you’ve grown up and you don’t care. I feel like I had them in my hands last night, eyes were following my every move. Our every move – si’s got the moves too you know, he’s all over the stage, it’s a wonder we don’t clash heads (more often). No, was a good show – shortened due to Jack booking too many acts (!) but all good – all good. Loved the Johnsons too, them dudes know how to put on a show – check em out. Jake’s hair reaches for the sun. They’ve got some riffs. And some screams. Lanky came along, hadn’t seen him for a good 6 or 7 years or something, just turned up unannounced while we were necking Guinness before the show; so many things to catch up on, so many stories. The time we sold candles shaped like eggs for a Christmas business studies project, hours spent blowing eggs. Ridiculous. But brilliant. Lanky’s life affirming, just like he always was. I’m writing today, writing some thoughts, not yet formed in any way, just some rambles; they’re becoming something but I don’t know if I can write like johnny arrow anymore, I’m finding it more difficult; I think it’s all changing- my head’s different now, I’ve got jenny – I’m content with much of what’s going on; I’m discontent with a hell of a lot too, but it’s different, too real to make into a song, too grown up (I can’t sing about mortgage repayments and councils)…so I’m writing more happy things, which don’t really tie in with the johnny arrow image. That’s what I’ve got to get used to. It’s maybe what needs to change – maybe, maybe. Who knows? Things are up in the air. Jenny grounds me but there’s so many things going on neither of us can control, still - be over soon. Jenny. She’s a saviour. I’m hungover today, the world has turned and left me here, I’m tanked up on caffeine and cake but it’s not enough, I need more sugar,. Some relentless or something – chris allen got me onto relentless, it works. Too much money though, for a poor scamp like me at the moment. God damn wokingham council denying me my relentless hit

No comments: